Estimated read time: 2 minutes
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- for Zoom calls on my PC
- to do livestreams on my iPad
- to record podcasts via Anchor on my iPhone
- to listen to music at the gym
- for phone calls occasionally
- to tune out my kids while they are learning remotely. The noise cancellation is great! If they want something, they can text me and the AirPods Pro will read their text to me.
So when one isn’t working that’s troubling and a real hindrance toward productivity. Especially when you don’t notice it until right at the beginning of a call or recording. Some people don’t mind listening with one AirPod, but I can’t stand it and needed to get it fixed. Plus, AirPods Pro aren’t cheap so I expect them to work.
Interestingly, my 13-year-old daughter’s own AirPods Pro had the exact same problem at the same time. Very weird, but that gave us a shared project at least.
Here’s how we fixed it:
- We took the AirPods out of the case, took off the size piece and cleaned everything thoroughly. Blowing on them hard seems to do the trick.
- Then clean the case. Blow into it hard did it for us.
- Disconnect the AirPods from the phone.
- Restart the phone and reconnect. Do the same on additional devices and the PC.
That did it for us and the AirPods, both of them are working again and can be used on podcasts, meetings, Zooms and more. Whew.