Estimated read time: 1 minutes
The sharing economy is a term used to describe the sharing of information, resources and more. It doesn’t mean that things are shared for free, but that they are shared freely. Sometimes there’s a price. Sometimes there isn’t.
- I tweet tips and thoughts during many hours of the day. Those are all free.
- My blog here where I post something at least once a week is also free.
- To have me speak about my topics at an event, there’s a fee.
- I can also be hired to give personalized training.
- Sometimes, I simply share the same knowledge online, including during Twitter chats. That’s free.
The sharing economy is a bit of a continuum. Being an active participant doesn’t mean we give everything away for free, but it means that we do share our knowledge and insights – sometimes that’s free and sometimes we charge.