Estimated read time: 2 minutes
Subscribe to Blog via Email
I was speaking at the Insurance Marketing and Communications Association Annual Meeting in the Twin Cities twice on one day in 2019. Here’s the setup:
- I was doing an 1-hour session at 2:30 p.m., discussing the future of content
- In the morning, I gave an 8-minute version of the 2:30 talk! Some called it a preview!
So were other breakout presenters. It was kind of preview of our sessions later! That was super hard because preview means that you also want them to come to your session later! Thinking movie trailer here. LOL.
Of course, I wanted to keep referencing my later session:
- As I will share at my 2:30 ….
- I will go deeper into that at 2:30…
- SEE. ME. AT. 2:30.
- Are you planning on seeing me again at 2:30?
But, of course, this is an example of conversion content. And content with the goal of conversion must be even more informational and educational than ever in true content marketing. So, no constant pitching!
Slide 15 and on in this talk from Content Marketing World 2018 talks about that:
I will be at Content Marketing World again in 2019. If you please on attending feel free to use TRAPPE19 for $100 off.
So during my session it was hard to just keep it educational! But I did a good job not pushing my session too much, according to some I asked about it later.
I’m a full-time content marketing and publishing executive and I do this all day long, every day! If it’s hard for me, I can imagine it’s hard for others!
- need to be aware of the challenge
- call it out (aka acknowledge it)
That’s the way to move new strategies and techniques forward, in my opinion. Nobody said it would be easy, but we can do it!