Estimated read time: 1 minutes
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Hootsuite is a social media management tool that allows content marketers, social media managers and others several options:
- The ability to schedule updates for future publication.
- The ability to manage multiple accounts across multiple social media networks, including Facebook. Twitter and LinkedIn.
- The ability to have multiple users – with their own logins – to manage the account.
- The option to allow some users to draft updates but then requiring approval from another user.
- The ability to upload (import) social media updates by spreadsheet.
- The ability to run metrics reports.
The basic version of Hootsuite is free. The pro version, with more features than the free one, has a monthly fee attached to it.
Hootsuite can be accessed from desktop browsers and has a mobile app for smartphones and tablets. It’s also fairly easy to use inside the Safari browser on the iPad.
Hootsuite can help anyone participating on social media spread out social media updates over time. This is one way to continue to share relevant content while not sending multiple updates at the same time – when the ideas for them might occur.
Hootsuite also allows users to check a box and receive an email reminder when an update has been sent. This is especially useful when you schedule days or weeks of updates in advance. It can be hard – if not impossible – to keep track of what is publishing when.
Getting the email is a useful reminder that also makes continuous interaction easier.
Sometimes, I was wondering what people were responding to when they started retweeting and sharing a post that just went live but that I had scheduled weeks ago.
Hootsuite is a tool that makes social media engagement easier.